Thursday, January 16, 2014

Seriously... Is That.... a Whisker? A Short Tale of Unwanted Facial Hair

When I looked in the mirror this morning, I noticed something I hadn't seen before... a dark thick hair coming out of my left upper lip. It had a couple of friends around it, too, other dark hairs, threatening to turn my upper lip into a Magnum PI-worthy flavor saver.


How did I fail to notice these unwanted facial hairs before they turned into a mini-stache? I don't normally put on my reading glasses and look closely at my reflection in the mirror... that's how.


Tweezing Facial Hair


So, to get rid of my woman-stache, I grabbed my tweezers, braced myself, and started plucking. It hurt even more than tweezing eyebrow hairs, but I kept going. Then I rubbed some cold peroxide on my slightly swollen red lip. When it was time to leave the house, I put on foundation to cover the redness, and now everything is back to normal. I plan to spend a little time searching for information on hair lighteners, but if I don't find one I like, I have to admit, I'll pluck the little stinkers when they come back, no matter how unpleasant it is.


So, what about you? Have you had any trouble with unwanted hairs growing in places where they never were in your pre-menopausal days? If you do, what methods do you use to get rid of them?

No comments:

Post a Comment