Saturday, August 10, 2013

Want to Work Out?



 
I mentioned motivational reading in my last post, and wanted to tell you about one of the books I'm reading. It's Jillian Michaels' book Slim for Life.
 
I didn't expect to like the book when I picked it up, because she comes off a little abrasive when I've seen her on TV. (No offense intended.) But, there's no denying her results, so I wanted to know what she had to say.

I think she might have missed her calling, because she writes a great motivational book. It's written in a friendly, conversational tone that actually got me to grab my dumbbells today and do the circuit training routine she described (page 43 - Circuit 1).

And, I can hardly wait until it's time to do it again - even though my muscles felt like they were on fire when I finished and still feel a touch shaky - I'll have to pop back to the book to check when she said to do that, because I want to do it right.

I have some other motivational books I want to tell you about, too. Most of them NOT so much fitness related, but it's all part of the emotional package we can either deal with and conquer as we move through menopause, or avoid and suffer from.

Anyway, want to be my "digital" workout buddy? I'll pop back to share how it's going, and you're welcome to gain motivation from reading about it, or sharing your own experience.

Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment