My name's Laure, and I'm a full-time copywriter as well as a woman going, slowly, through the early stages of menopause - and that is the inspiration for this website. My goal is to share my experiences with menopause in the hope that it can help and inspire others.
Note that not every woman experiences the same set of menopause symptoms.
Hot FlashesI first noticed the early signs of menopause in my early thirties, and am now in my mid-fifties, and still not completely through the process. My first signs were burning spots in my cheeks, once a month before my monthly cycle began.
Hormonal HeadachesAs the years progressed, the burning spots got less intense and were replaced by the return of the same kind of hormonal headaches I got as a teenager at the onset of puberty. The headaches continued for about a decade, and a series of doctor visits, journaling, and even an MRI delivered no answers or relief - they weren't migraines - they were simply defined by Doc as hormonal headaches - to be relieved by ibuprofen.
Mood ChangesI'll admit it, I got tired of putting up with nonsense, and calling me cranky would have been an understatement. To be fair, I don't know if those particlular changes were related to menopause or just the fact that I was unhappy, because I am still perimenopausal, and my bad mood left the day my ex-husband moved out.
Weight GainIn addition to the normal middle-age spread that comes with menopause, I have a very sedentary lifestyle as a copywriter, so a lot of the work I plan to focus on right now (January 2017) is improving my my health and fitness level, and while not the only focus of this site, there will be a lot of detail about starting a fitness plan and losing weight during menopause.
So, that's me, peri-menopausal for 20 years, overweight, no longer cranky, and ready to share my experiences with menopause in the hope it can help someone else. You can contact me at LaureJ@consultant.com or leave a comment below any post on this site.
Thanks for visiting Fat and Cranky,
Web Site Terms and Conditions of Use
1. TermsBy accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials
(information or software) on Fat and Cranky's web site for personal,
non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license,
not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Fat and Cranky's web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Fat and Cranky at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on Fat and Cranky's web site are provided "as is". Fat and Cranky makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Fat and Cranky does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
4. LimitationsIn no event shall Fat and Cranky or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Fat and Cranky's Internet site, even if Fat and Cranky or a Fat and Cranky authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and ErrataThe materials appearing on Fat and Cranky's web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Fat and Cranky does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Fat and Cranky may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Fat and Cranky does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
6. LinksFat and Cranky has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Fat and Cranky of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user's own risk.
8. Governing LawAny claim relating to Fat and Cranky's web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of Ohio without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.