Saturday, January 7, 2017

Walking and Yoga for Weight Loss

I decided to keep the intensity low for my Day 5 workout, and I simply took a short walk followed by a five minute session of yoga stretches.

Walking and Yoga for Weight Loss
Walking and Yoga for Weight Loss image courtesy of Pixabay

Why Walking Helps With Weight Loss

Walking is a great low-impact, aerobic exercise for menopausal women and anyone of either gender or age, and getting that cardio time in helps your body burn fat.

  • If you can't get outside for your walk, you can use a treadmill or even a walking-based exercise video. 
  • I used to have a great exercise video from Kathy Smith called Walk and Roll - if you're looking for a workout video to follow and enjoy a dance-based walking exercise routine, it's a fun one. 

Yoga for Weight Loss

The stretches I did after my walk were more about easing muscle tension and avoiding exercise injuries than losing weight, but yoga can be an effective tool in the battle against obesity and even belly fat. This is because, much like isometrics, yoga builds muscle, plus it stretches muscles to help you achieve a long, lean look.

I'll be expanding more on both of these amazing, low-impact exercises over the next few weeks, so be sure to pop back in for more details, and for more support in your own quest for better fitness and health.
I'm sorry my day 5 post is a little short, and a little late getting online, and I hope you'll feel free to share your thoughts in the comments section.Laure J

No comments:

Post a Comment