Thursday, January 5, 2017

Should You Clean Your Bathroom Scale?

Have you ever stopped to think about just how unsanitary your bathroom scale might be? For me, my scale was something tucked under the hamper, and I would slide it out with my toe when I got up the nerve to see what news it was going to give me - so I never thought a lot about cleaning it.

How to Clean Your Bathroom Scale
How to Clean Your Bathroom Scale image courtesy of Pixabay

How to Clean a Bathroom Scale

Aside from the fact that you step on a scale with the soles of your feet or even shoes you just wore outside, every time you flush the toilet, polluted airborne water vapor escapes into the room and settles on pretty much everything. That includes your scale - but it's super easy to clean.

What You'll Need:

  • Damp cleaning rag
  • All-purpose cleaning spray
  • Or - antibacterial wipes

Steps:

  1. Spray a thin layer of cleaner on your scale, but don't drench it.
  2. Let the spray rest on the surface a couple minutes.
  3. Wipe off the spray with the damp cloth. 
  4. Repeat the steps as needed to get your bathroom scale clean and looking sparkly-fresh.
When your scale is clean, it's easier to see your weight on the dial and you can feel cleaner picking it up with your hands instead of doing what I usually did and scooting it with your toe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment