Wednesday, January 11, 2017

30-Minute Fast Walking, Dumbbells, and Stretching Workout

I decided to up the intensity for my workout today, and while I was doing it, I noticed two things, one, it was the first time I broke a hard sweat since I started this, and two, it wasn't a painful or unpleasant experience.

fast walking dumbbells and stretching workout
30-Minute Fast Walking, Dumbbells, and Stretching Workout image courtesy of Pixabay

30-Minute Fast Walking, Dumbbells, and Stretching Workout

I think the reason it wasn't hard to transition into this more intense workout is totally because I spent the first week or so adjusting to working out with shorter, less intense fitness bursts.


  • Warm up then fast walking for cardio: So, I started with about three minutes of stretching to warm up, then went right to fast-paced walking to get my heart rate up. I held that pace for 20-minutes before switching to the dumbbell portion of my workout. 
  • Dumbbell workout: I did two sets of ten reps on my upper body dumbbell (presses, bicep curls, hammer curls, tricep extensions, shoulder shrugs, and side lateral raises) workout, along with squats and toe raises. 
  • Cool down then meditation: I finished up with a few more stretches, and I threw in five minutes of meditation in the lotus yoga pose, which by the way, gives a great outer thigh and hip stretch, but I didn't count that in my workout time. 
  • Drinking water: I still struggled with this goal today, only made it to four glasses, so tomorrow I need to add some extra focus on my goal of drinking water.
How about you? What did you do for your health today? Are you ready to ramp up your workouts and start seeing some results, too? 

Thanks for reading, and I hope you'll feel free to leave a comment if you have any questions or anything you want to share.Laure J

No comments:

Post a Comment