Friday, February 7, 2014

Do Menopause Supplements Help?

I will share my experience, but would really like to hear your thoughts on this... Have you tried taking supplements to ease menopause symptoms?

As a person who gets sick (I actually vomit) after taking regular, everyday multivitamins, I was really skeptical about the idea of taking menopause supplements.

I did a little research to find out which supplements I needed most for my symptoms - mainly crankiness and weight gain - and the home remedies that came up the most often for me were green tea capsules, evening primrose oil (which didn't surprise me because it used to calm my PMS symptoms completely when I took it regularly. My results were mixed - or maybe I should say indefinite... I felt about the same but I quit taking them after about four weeks, so I didn't really give them a fair chance.

I also jumped on the green coffee bean extract wagon to help with quicker weight loss - it worked for me - really quickly - but I didn't stick with it long either - I just don't like taking pills.

I have also heard great things about some of the blended supplements, available in pharmacies, that contain black cohosh.

How about you? Have you tried any of these blended supplements, and if you have, do you recommend them based on your experience?

No comments:

Post a Comment