Friday, January 24, 2014

What Is Your Menopause and Weight Loss Plan?

Have you ever WANTED things to turn out a certain way, and then instead of taking action, just waited to see how things turned out?

If you answered yes to that - how did things turn out? The way you wanted? Or maybe not so great... When I have sat back and waited to see how things went instead of making  a plan and taking action, things turned out pretty darn awful! Fate can be cruel, and truly, that is an understatement.

If you don't want to trust your future to the cruel hand of fate, this is a great time for you to take charge of your destiny and develop your own menopause and weight loss plan.

I'm not a medical professional, so I can't give you medical advice on weight loss, other than to chat with your doctor about your concerns - but I can tell you what has worked for me and offer you a place to share your own experiences if you feel like it.

As I move into the menopausal phase of life, I notice my weight shifting around, settling around my middle, and I've noticed a few unkind kicks from gravity, too.

I started my own weight loss plan a year ago - and actually it was for t sake of being able to climb a flight of stairs without having to gasp for air. I gave up second helpings at meals - except for when my family goes out to eat at a buffet - then - I can indulge in seconds - if I feel like it. After a bit over a year - I rarely ever have the desire to go back, even at buffets, because I am simply used to eating less. A miracle that has left me a touch over 35 pounds lighter. I also started lifting dumbbells but didn't stick with that past the second month.

My next change, and I decided to do this one as a New Year's resolution, is to add exercise a minimum of 3 times per week. To help myself keep on track with this, I've programmed the aerobics classes and cardio-mix classes I can attend free as a perk of my YMCA membership in my planner with a one hour early notification to make sure I'm up and have time to drive in for the classes.

I would love to hear about your plan for managing menopause and weight control, or if you think it's crazy to make a plan like this, I would love to hear that, too, so feel free to comment below - if you want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment