Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Is it Depression or a Mid-Life Crisis?

For the past few months, I've been on an emotional roller coaster, and just my bad luck, it's mostly the low parts of the emotional roller coaster.

It's like no matter what I do or how hard I push myself to stay busy and not think about it, it just keeps getting more severe - more anger - more sadness - more of a sense of failure, more loneliness, and more sense of loss.

I can hardly stand to be around my family or talk to anyone for more than a couple minutes, yet I feel a desperate need to connect with someone on a deeper level. It's truly frustrating.

So, my next few posts will probably be focused around dealing with depression during menopause.

I'm not into taking medication for problems if there's any other alternative, so I'll probably focus on other things first, like exercise and dietary changes.

I don't want to make this a big crybaby session about my problems, but if my experience can help anyone else - well - I hope it can help someone else.

I'm open to hearing your tips and thoughts on the issue, if you feel inspired to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment